Updates eminent

Your suggestions and comments are very important to us.

Moderators: Chopsticks, AK Senior Mod

Arujei
The Wandering Administrator

Updates eminent

Postby Arujei » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:24 am

I been lagging on getting anything done on AK for the last year. Mainly due to the fact that I'm normally working my a$$ off to get a promotion which mean 10-12 hour 6day weeks. Welp I was laid off a month ago and I am nearly over my apathetic state that I was left in due to working non stop and then having nothing to do plus addon that I'm normally a lazy bum that prefers to watch anime and play games instead of getting anything productive done :/.

It has been one of my goals to renew AK abit clean up and freshen up the place. Well as long as things stay the way they are I will go and do this in the next few weeks after getting back from a little vacation.

So why am I even bothering to say anything even though I'm not starting right away?

Well,

1. So I actually get started.
2. So I can hear your fresh opinions on what you like to see happen.
3. So I can possibly get some volunteers to help code and provide design ideas and looks. (I'm a jack of all trades and unfortunately I'm master of none.) I cannot pay since like I announced I am unemployed so these are volunteer position. Though if there are php coders that are fairly inexpensive and you want to recommend you can. I will take this into consideration and possibly take donations for the costs. The amount of coding would be a full rewrite of the anime distribution system we currently have and tieing it to a new forum software that is still under consideration.
Arujei.com | Wandering where he went wrong -_-a
ginawm
Grand Master Otaku

Postby ginawm » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:18 pm

/cheers Arujei on!!

I'll have to think of ideas for the site though. I'll post again later. :)
mpshiel
Otaku Elite

Postby mpshiel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:15 pm

I'm rooting for you - I also understand how life can take over hobbies (even when you wish it was hobbies taking over life)
Watching her is like watching a bag of snakes, you know something is going on inside, but you don't really want to know what.
Arujei

Postby Arujei » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:08 pm

O.o it looks like I'll be back to work sooner than expected. I'll try to get stuff done before I end up working heavy hours but I doubt that will happen.
kaioshane
Master Otaku

Postby kaioshane » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:43 pm

I'm not competent in php but I have worked with it and mysql databases and phpbb in the past. Let me know if I can help in anyway! I know you are busy so I'm sure some of us could help you.

Anybody else want to help?

Also, I'm sure you've seen it by now but just in case it slipped by you on a busy day. Here are many of our forums regulars thoughts in this thread:

http://www.anime-kingdom.net/phpbb/view ... hp?t=42095
Arujei

Postby Arujei » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:58 pm

Once I can sort things out I'll see what you can help me with :).
Arujei

Postby Arujei » Fri May 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Life tends to be funny at times. My job/career is moving forward and at a fast rate which is good. The bad is that it eats up much of my time including time for unwinding(personal time). AK updates are not really in my unwinding schedule but when I have free time I like to work on code so I work on AK.

Lately I have been having a hard time just getting time to unwind and refresh so I have nearly completely neglected the site. I still cannot allow just anyone to work on the site with out supervision since bad things have happened when the site was left in the hands of others. I honestly may not have the time to do the things we wished with the time I can spare. The time I do have to dedicate to AK will go in finding someone I can trust and work with in reworking the site.

Though I do seem to be absent for good amounts of time I do have the website on my lists of websites I visit on a daily basis to check that everything is running and run maintainance on the database.
Max7
Master Otaku

Postby Max7 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:19 am

Sup RJ???

Well I know what you mean... In my case I spent all day in front of a computer and when I come back from work I don't feel like turning on my pc :)

It's good to know you are around, site is ok as always. I don't see any urgent stuff to rework here but is always good to post once in a while
Have you ever felt your Cosmo?

Return to “Suggestions and Comments”