Help with DVD copying!!

Ask questions concerning backing up your Anime DVDs

Moderator: AK Senior Mod

Slyphiad
Otaku 2nd Class

Help with DVD copying!!

Postby Slyphiad » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:44 pm

Is there anyone who can help me with DVD copying? I want to backup my anime DVD (Real DVD not DVD with AVI files) into another DVD. I can't copy it straight away since I don't have 2 DVD drive. I only have a combo DVD burner. I copy my anime DVD into my computer using DVDecrypter. What do I do after that to burn them into a DVD so that I can play it on my DVD player? :veryevil:
Procrastination is opportunities assassin.

S/L: slyphiad
rdperalta
Grand Master Otaku

Postby rdperalta » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:54 am

The software will create an image right when you try to copy the dvd?? cant you burn dvds like the way you burn cdr's with just 1 drive ie... you first put the original cd in then the software will create an image by reading the cd then it will eject and you place the blank medium in then it will burn. Can you do the same in the dvd? Like copy the whole disc with just one burner?
Slyphiad
Otaku 2nd Class

What program?

Postby Slyphiad » Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:30 am

What program do you use? 'coz mine doesn't have that option. I have to use a DVD ripping program to copy the content of the DVD. But then I don't know how to burn it onto the DVD?

rdperalta
Grand Master Otaku

Postby rdperalta » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:46 am

Oh.. ok. Go to http://www.dvdhelp.com lots of burning software there and other apps that could help you :D I dont have a dvd burner but my friend has and he uses nero
Slyphiad
Otaku 2nd Class

Great Site

Postby Slyphiad » Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:04 am

Thx...I'll check it out later 2n8. The site seems to have the answer to my questions.

Perverted Hermit
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Perverted Hermit » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:57 am

Try Nero..

Or Clonedvd by Elaborate Bytes, they usually do great jobs...

They wont let you burn copy protected discs, though..

But there patches for it...
エロ仙人-watch out!
kuro_zero
Master Otaku

Postby kuro_zero » Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:40 pm

rdperalta wrote:The software will create an image right when you try to copy the dvd?? cant you burn dvds like the way you burn cdr's with just 1 drive ie... you first put the original cd in then the software will create an image by reading the cd then it will eject and you place the blank medium in then it will burn. Can you do the same in the dvd? Like copy the whole disc with just one burner?

Video DVDs don't work out like that simply for the reason of the encryption (called CSS; forgot what it stands for) used to scramble the code to prevent such acts of piracy. However, one company in 2001 sort of forgot to "scramble" the encryption algorythim and a German team by name of deCSS successfully reverse engineered it and released in to the public. Programs like Nero can not create images of these encrypted DVDs but deCSS programs like Smart Ripper and DVDecrypter can and do. However, the above programs copy the .vob (DVD video MPEG-2 file extension) files to the HDD and these are not recognized by Nero as they usually come in 4-5 parts (1 GB file size limit).

Slyphiad: To answer your question, you will want a program like Adobe Premiere, myDVD, and a host of other DVD authoring software available. I suggest TMPG DVD Author (you can download a trial version of it online) as it's DVD Writer program included with it is exactly what you're looking for: it'll take the .vob files created by DVDecrypter and burn them to a blank DVD.
Image Image
ldt
Otaku 3rd Class

Postby ldt » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:13 pm

You can't directly copy protected DVD and using the DVD Decrypter you can rip out the vobs files but most of the time it is well over 4.7GB.

You can use a software call DVD2One to compress the size down to fit a DVD-R. Then use Nero to burn it.

With this method, you can cut out all the menu, previews etc.
I have seen these animes.
Rurouni Kenshin, Orange Road, Rahxephone, Evangeleon, Dual Parallel, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, Yuyu Hakusho, City Hunter, Cowboy Bebob, Princess Mononoke, Trigun, Fushigi Yugi, Flame of Recca, Kiddy Grade.
Perverted Hermit
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Perverted Hermit » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:57 am

OR you use Gdata DaVideo3, which has a nice feature......

It will split the content of those DVDs over 2, enabling full option and menu features on both DVDs!!!!!!

Best thing I've come by so far..!!
エロ仙人-watch out!
immortality
Master Otaku

Postby immortality » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:02 pm

use alcholo 120% or is it 20% but anywayzz..that program will create an iso of your dvd then use nero to put it on the dvd and your all done...(nero does iso things for you automatically just make sure watever you get from using the alchol keep it in ONE folder.)
Ive seen things, you people wouldnt believe, hmmm... attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...UFOS. All those moments, will be lost in time ... like tears in rain.
rilaura
Otaku 3rd Class

Postby rilaura » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:09 am

It's easy, you can use de dvdshrink tool, you can find :blink: :-? it in
http://www.dvdshrink.org

Return to “Anime DVD Backup Guide”