PS3

Talk about consoles and pc gaming

Moderators: Futoranime, Link_Shinigami, AK Senior Mod

s86d
Otaku 3rd Class
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby s86d » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:43 pm

I cant wait only 4 more days
my life is cars and anime if ya dont likey... SCRAM!!!! :b4k45t1ck:
shinji
Grand Master Otaku
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby shinji » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:31 pm

so anyone actually able to find one? I preordered one ages ago and picked it up the day it came out...havent even used it yet. too busy playing zelda on the wii!
Satarel
Otaku 2nd Class

Postby Satarel » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:19 pm

I didn't get one, but my friend got three of them! He sold them all for a good amount of profit. We live in the same town as Lil' Jon, so he actually bought one for $12,000. We managed to get he's autograph and everything :blink: . We also managed to make him say YEEAAHHH!
chibikit
Grand Master Otaku

Postby chibikit » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:17 pm

So, those of you who actually have a PS3 and have played it, any reviews on the console?
True Loli Style

shinji
Grand Master Otaku

Postby shinji » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 pm

biggest waste of money ever, out of the whole launch lineup only 1 game was actually worth playing. I dont think it's worth the trouble of trying to get one this year, better off waiting for more games to come out.
Satarel
Otaku 2nd Class

Postby Satarel » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:40 am

Agreed, most of the stuff that came out weren't very good. They were pretty decent though. But the games coming out for the PS3 in the future looks promising. I can't wait for the next Final Fantasy :bounce: .
emma
Otaku 3rd Class

Postby emma » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:06 pm

Here's mine!

The most anticipated gaming system since the telephone, pacemaker and PS2 blew our asses out. Here's the play-by-play from opening the box to playing for hours…to seeing a doctor about our blown-out asses.
grfgonza
Otaku Elite

Postby grfgonza » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:38 am

Yeah I thought it was silly. The rush to hurry and get a PS3 just to wait for a good game. I'm going to get one but I'm just going to wait till either the end of the year or the beginning of next year to get one. I see a lot of games that look cool on the system, but none of them are out yet. Although Resistance: Fall of Man looks like a cool game. Has anyone pick up that game and how is it?

The only person that is normal is yourself.
cifer_x
Grand Master Otaku

Postby cifer_x » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:10 am

Resistance: Fall of Man is a decent game, I really love the particles. But I didn't find anything unique or mind blowing about it after playing Call of Duty 3, GoW and R6:Vegas. My bro loves the MP though, he's joined a clan and he said clan support is very good. I tried the MP but after playing so much Xbox 360 the lighter controller and loose analog nubs on the sixaxis bugs me. Plus I wish the left analog nub is where the d-pad is.

My Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/cifer_x/
Streamload: cifer_x
keoland
Grand Master Otaku

Postby keoland » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:40 pm

We in Europe are STILL waiting for the PS3... :-?

Anyway, how does it compare to the Xbox 360? Is it worthwile, or will M$ pull off a win with this one?

(not counting the Wii, which appeals to a different gaming style)

Regards,

Keoland
cifer_x
Grand Master Otaku

Postby cifer_x » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:44 am

Keoland: Honestly I'm kinda suffering from buyer's remorse. So far I have Resistance and Dark Alliance and probably clocked 12 hours of total play time since I got it last December. My mother actually comandeered it and has been watching blu-ray movies off it for a month now. I haven't touched nor seen it since then and I don't miss it one bit.

Until they release more games for it I don't see it as being a wise investment on a game console. So far it's performing as an excellent blu-ray player though - my mother will attest to that as she refuses to watch standard def dvds now.

keoland
Grand Master Otaku

Postby keoland » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:17 pm

cifer_x
Grand Master Otaku

Postby cifer_x » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:16 am

Yeah that's why I'm praying that the PS3 doesn't end up like the Sega Dreamcast. I think they've already lost so much support and it's just at the beginning of the race (reputation and game exclusive titles). But maybe Sony has built a big enough fan base from the older systems to be able to recover from their slump.

So far I've only enjoyed a couple of blu-ray movies: Kingdom of Heaven and Descent. When it comes to quality and clarity you're still counting on the transfer production of the blu-ray disc. I have to say that the two movies I saw were not on the same level of production. Descent had poorer visuals as I could see blatant square color pixelazation in some scenes and the film had a dirty grain look. You can almost say that the quality of production (money spend on equipment used) will play a big factor on these new disc formats as you can see everything.

rdperalta
Grand Master Otaku

Postby rdperalta » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:24 pm

hehehehehehe they recieved a lukewarm launch over at europe

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167940.ht ... op;title;6

http://kotaku.com/gaming/britain/easing ... 246470.php

http://shkyw.org/

http://tech.monstersandcritics.com/news ... n_shelves_

tsk tsk sony... should have priced the console competitively and now theyre srating to lose game exclusivity which started at GTA IV, then Resident Evil, then Devil May Cry 4 and now FF13's exclusivity is now in question
grfgonza
Otaku Elite

Postby grfgonza » Thu May 10, 2007 7:03 am

That just blows. First they sell the system cheaper in Japan and didn't give the US or anyone else for that matter the same benefits. Then they are selling an incomplete model in Europe. Then I hear they are going to push this model over to the US as well. I find myself questioning whether or not I'm going to buy a PS3 now. There are still games I want to play for PS3 but not sure I'm willing to pay the price for 2 ro 3 games I can't get on the 360. On top of that Sony is screwing us out a price drop that Japan was able to get. Then you have these game developers that release a game in Japan and take a year to release it here in the US. (Cough sqare\Enix) I think paying that much money is just silly just to be treated like red head step child. (Not to offend any red headed step childern) I think I would rather get the elite 360 which will give me two 360s so me and the wife can enjoy Halo 3 together in coop. I know what your thinking. Buying that plus the HD-DVD player will cost the same if not more than the PS3. But I will actually use the 360 to play games not just for watching movies. I think sony made a mistake with trying to kill two birds with one stone. Trying to compete with M$ and HD-DVD at the sametime. I don't understand how Sony expects to win the race with HD-DVD. With HD-DVD being so much cheaper than BlueRay.

The only person that is normal is yourself.

Return to “Gaming Center”