I encourage all our members to check this section often for info concerning the Website and Events.

Moderators: Anime-Kingdom.net, AK Senior Mod, AK Moderators

snoopy75
Grand Master Otaku
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby snoopy75 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:22 am

Due to issues with sizes of some linked avatars, RJ-san has disabled the "link to offsite image" option... This means that a lot of avatars have gone bye-bye, and will need to be uploaded to AK's servers.... and you might need to shrink the avatar a bit to get it accepted by the system. Have a nice day! :D
ginawm
Grand Master Otaku
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ginawm » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:26 pm

On a side note about reloading avatars:
http://www.netmechanic.com/GIFBot/optimize-graphic.htm
This site will lower the data size of a file so if that was your problem, give it a try.
I lowered the size on mine. :)
Went from 27KB to 10 KB.
Last edited by ginawm on Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ihvh_666
Master Otaku

Postby ihvh_666 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:38 pm

When you say "size" are you referring to the dimensions of the avatar or it's data size? I had an animated avatar which was well within the dimensional requirements but is 70kb. I assume it's not possible for me to use that anymore?
snoopy75
Grand Master Otaku

Postby snoopy75 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:43 am

The issue was that one could link to an offsite avatar of any size... and by size, I mean dimensions.... so RJ disabled that function.... Unfortunately, that does mean that the nice animated avatars that some people had can't be used anymore... which is a shame... cause I really liked ShinBryan's avatar... :(
Koji
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Koji » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:36 am

There are still quite a few people with 56k modems... an occational 70kb one probably wouldn't have been too big of an issue... but if you did get several together it could cause some slow down for them.

The current dimensions for the pictures are in place because the width fits perfectly in the forums without stretching out the frames and height just because we don't want it to get to tall and make each person have a super huge empty space at the bototm of each of their messages.
niasdreams
Otaku 1st Class

Postby niasdreams » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:22 pm

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons or anyone named Nia, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup......*pets her little fire dragon* :veryevil:

(member since: october 2001) wish you guys would fix this>_>
bizkitkid2001
Master Otaku

Postby bizkitkid2001 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:55 pm

WHat about upping the avatar file size to upload to AK. 16K is kinda small. That means no one can have a moving avatar. I really miss my gunslinger girl avatar :cry:

Click for more banners^
Arujei
The Wandering Administrator

Postby Arujei » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:08 pm

| Wandering where he went wrong -_-a
Sasuke1
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Sasuke1 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:15 pm

yeah i agree with bizkit its really hard (or at least for me) to make or find an avatar that is 16 kb :-?
Rogue5_jm
Master Otaku

Postby Rogue5_jm » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:49 pm

well, I just mess around with the compression settings a bit with a good picture editor. But they don't always look the best, so I can see the point.
Status: Working, Playing, Trying to balance my budget, and wishing I could drink more often
animeadmirer
Otaku 1st Class

Postby animeadmirer » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:40 pm

Ummmmm....looks around shyly. I know how to decrease the size....if it is possible that is. My kitties are less than 16K. :oops:
bizkitkid2001
Master Otaku

Postby bizkitkid2001 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:45 pm

Yeah, but look how small(size) your avatar is compared to others.

Click for more banners^
animeadmirer
Otaku 1st Class

Postby animeadmirer » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:09 pm

Oh, guess you're right about that. Guess I'm one of those people who likes things a little smaller. But not everything....bwaaaaaa, ha, ha :veryevil:
Dark Matter
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Dark Matter » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:25 pm

ehmm... there are alot of people who just put a larger picture in the signarute...

would it be possible for AK to have a broadband and a 56 K option ???
so the modem users dont get any ofsite linking avatars

i know its possible, but its a hellofalot work, i think...

\"everybody is a creation of themselves, a collection of beliefs, thoughts, and interests.\" - DM 2006:1:1
Arujei
The Wandering Administrator

Postby Arujei » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:58 am

O.o just disable sigs or images in your profile.

Also depending on your broswer you can have it set not to display offsite images .

I know firefox does this since thats what I use.

| Wandering where he went wrong -_-a

Return to “News and Updates”