Little Something for Mozilla Firebird or similar browsers.

I encourage all our members to check this section often for info concerning the Website and Events.

Moderators: Anime-Kingdom.net, AK Senior Mod, AK Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arujei
The Wandering Administrator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Little Something for Mozilla Firebird or similar browsers.

Postby Arujei » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:05 pm

Those that have left the ways of IE(Internet Exploiter) behind have another bonus for you.

This plugin is available to download form the download section or the automated install on the link above.

This plugin allows you to do a search on your SL account without having to go to the SL website first. As long as you are already logged in you can open a new window tab and use the search box to find what you need.
Last edited by Arujei on Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

| Wandering where he went wrong -_-a
azntekus
Grand Master Otaku

Postby azntekus » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:23 pm

mm...
this might be deviating from the subject a little...
but whats the benefits of leaving IE and going to...
lets say Mozilla?
who? what? where? why? how?
Arujei
The Wandering Administrator

Postby Arujei » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:40 am

The benefits I could make a huge list or just make it a little more simple. Firefox/Mozilla is chipping away at IE's user base for many reasons. Some people think its just a trend/fad others can see that Firefox is doing stuff with their software that many wish IE already did. You can see a few websites in relations about this in google.

Try it out it doesn't take over your computer so try it for a few days, try it for a month and see if you ever go back. I tried it over a year back and only use it since then.

[google]Mozilla vs Internet Explorer[/google]

I'll put down my little break down why its better.

1. More secure.

2. Not tied into your OS (more secure)

3. Built in pop-up blocker.

4. Tabs (opening more than one web page into tabs in the same browser window)

5. Plugins/extensions gallor. You can get plugins/extensions for many things you may have wanted to be able to do with your browser.

6. I'm anti-M$ . I try to use less and less M$ tied in software.

Edited:

Articles or pages related to notice in not using IE

From Yahoo News: 'The Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team touched off a storm this week when it recommended for security reasons using browsers other than Microsoft's Internet Explorer.'"

http://slashdot.org/articles/04/07/02/1 ... =95&tid=99

http://live.psu.edu/story/9376
http://channels.lockergnome.com/news/ar ... orer.phtml
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/ ... _tc120.htm

These and more can be found here.
[google]Don't Use Internet Explorer[/google]

| Wandering where he went wrong -_-a
spacespector
Otaku 3rd Class

Postby spacespector » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:55 pm

Ive had Firefox for quite awhile now and I love it. Not getting annoying ads alll the time is very nice. Even my adware finders are only finding 1/4 what they used to with IE.
Is Disney World the only people trap operated by a mouse?
EphemeralArchs
Otaku 1st Class

Postby EphemeralArchs » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:32 pm

I use it, love it, and I bought a t-shirt to spread the joy :)
BlackDragon
Otaku 3rd Class

Postby BlackDragon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:01 pm

Thank you! Great plugin, very much appreciated.

Mozilla ROCKS!
BlackDragon
Otaku 3rd Class

Postby BlackDragon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:57 pm

Thanks for the plugin!

Firefox is generally better because of tabbed browsing, better security features, and more control. It just feels better honestly. Use it and you'll see the difference (it's a small download too).
RedRosie74
Otaku 2nd Class

Postby RedRosie74 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:01 pm

Thanks for the plug in and sharing the wealth... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
how-kun
Otaku 2nd Class

Postby how-kun » Sun May 08, 2005 12:43 am

yep...MAJOR reduction of annoying pop-ups. i am pleased so far. :)
spacespector
Otaku 3rd Class

Postby spacespector » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:30 pm

After mty office got tired of weekly viruses we switch to Firefox.
No viruses in over to months so far. :D
Is Disney World the only people trap operated by a mouse?
chibimarukochan
Otaku Trainee

Postby chibimarukochan » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:02 am

I've just started using firefox a few weeks ago and yep...like ppl say, it's great! ^_^ No pop ups, my computer doesn't crash as often as it did when I had internet explorer and it's so much faster and secure.

Return to “News and Updates”