Car get!

Post your images here!

Moderators: onaga, Fwickee, AK Senior Mod

Idsynchrono_24
Grand Master Otaku

Car get!

Postby Idsynchrono_24 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:23 pm

I recently bought a car while out in California, I wish I actually took some pics of events (and me) to post in the pictures thread but I guess this will have to do until then:

Again, I wish I was actually in some of these pics, but you can see Rodneyish on the left in the first pic, or his back anyway haha

Thanks again Rodney for helping me out man!

Catch you later,
Id
LOVE IS DIE
THE BLANKEY JET CITY
DIE IS ALONE
SHENA RINGO FOREVER
Resident AK FlySui Guy
cifer_x
Grand Master Otaku

Postby cifer_x » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:05 am

Shiny! Nice ride bro. I totally cued the initial D soundtrack in my head. I'm not familliar with the body; not something I've seen local anyway. Which model Nissan is it?
My Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/cifer_x/
Streamload: cifer_x
kuro_zero
Master Otaku

Postby kuro_zero » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Looks like an early 90s Nissan 300ZX, T-Top. Is it twin turbo or non-turbo trim?

And that sucker better be manual!

Agree with cifer_x on the shiny bit. Gotta love "arrest-me-red."

How much they swindle out of you for this ride?
Image Image
Idsynchrono_24
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Idsynchrono_24 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 pm

Hey guys, yep it's a '91 300ZX. Sorry to disappoint you kuro, but it's automatic, I never learned to drive stick, I tried, but living where i do, it's hugely impractical to drive a stick with all the stop and go traffic. It's also NA, I would NEVER bother with a TT unless it had under 40k on the odometer, turbo systems are a total bitch to maintain, and although the Z twin turbo was (and still is) a total beast, designs have gotten better since. I don't need to go from 0-60 in 5 seconds, I just wanted a nice car to drive to work and school. Lastly, I offered the seller, 6k flat. Total costs including tax, plane tickets, gas, and lodging, etc. to get it home take it to 8k.

Catch you later,
Id
LOVE IS DIE

THE BLANKEY JET CITY

DIE IS ALONE

SHENA RINGO FOREVER

Resident AK FlySui Guy
kuro_zero
Master Otaku

Postby kuro_zero » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:04 pm

I prefer manual, just because the feeling of control it gives you. A lot of people hate manual's for stop-and-go traffic, but I don't really mind it. But if I recall correctly, the automatic is only a four-speed transmission, vice 5 speed manual.

Totally agree on the turbos, and good call, especially considering the typical type of people driving 'em. You don't see many NA 300ZXs anymore (everyone wants the TT), so I just kinda assumed it was a turbo.

Depending on how many miles it has, its either a good deal or a total steal. It looks well maintained and what I can see of the interior (leather?) looks very nice. Kinda sucks there was a 33% premium on top of the sale price though.

Anyway, I love Nissan, so, nice catch!
Image Image
Idsynchrono_24
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Idsynchrono_24 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:18 pm

I think I got a great deal on it. The car is very clean, with no dents in the body, great paint ( there are chips and dings here and there, exacerbated from me driving it 1,800 miles back, but it's great considering the age), and the leather interior is in excellent condition. I got it with 101k on the odometer, the lady who sold it to me drove it 11k in the last 3 years! The chrome wheels were the icing on the cake, $1,300 for the entire set, thrown in for free. I've been looking for a Z for a long time, and all of the ones I've seen in my state, they ask for 6.5k and up and the condition of the cars is totally lacking. No upkeep whatsoever on behalf of the sellers, so I think I totally lucked out with this one.

Catch you later,
Id
LOVE IS DIE

THE BLANKEY JET CITY

DIE IS ALONE

SHENA RINGO FOREVER

Resident AK FlySui Guy
kuro_zero
Master Otaku

Postby kuro_zero » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:01 pm

I was gonna say the wheels looked new, and besides minor wear-and-tear on the front bumper it looks to be in great condition, impressive considering its nearly 16 years old. 101k seems reasonable for a '91.

Besides the wheels, any other mods done to it? And the Z32 is probably my favorite looking out of all the Z-series. Definitely a nice buy, though.
Image Image
Link_Shinigami
Otaku Trainee

Postby Link_Shinigami » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Sheesh dude, nice find. But you do realize that this puts me a step closer to getting better headphones than you sooner, right? Seeing as how you spent all that money :P
GMO#36
I don't have a job! YAY
Perverted Hermit
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Perverted Hermit » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:46 am

nice car. I'm a sucker for some late 80's/early 90's cars, and altough I have to agree with kuro (automatic? bawwww), it is a nice car, especially considering it's age.

Check the front brakes though. Front left one especially.
エロ仙人-watch out!
PenislessJesus
Master Otaku

Postby PenislessJesus » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:20 pm

why'd you sabotage it zibz? XD

Tis gorgeous. kind of reminds me of mine but not a POS. Tho I dunno why cause I drve a plymouth laser lol.

Automtaics for the winnn btw..you cna eat and drive.
The only thing you really have to do in life is die.
Idsynchrono_24
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Idsynchrono_24 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Hey thanks guys. I just finished washing it up haha. I wish I had a better camera, the color looks off in these pics, the car is much redder in real life.

Kuro: No other mods outside of the wheels. I'll probably swap in a cold air intake, and save up for a new paint job to iron out the little chips here and there. Aside from that, I'll probably keep it stock for awhile, might get some side skirts and swap out the front bumper. The interior is great, and I like the steering wheel so I'll leave all of that alone.

Zibs: the brakes are fine, I just got the whole vehicle checked and registered. The front left looks a bit weird in the pic because the caliper is showing, the discs aren't warped or anything.

PJ: Thanks, the Z probably reminds you of the Laser because they are both hatchback cars. I also prefer automatics because you CAN eat and drive, I'm aware you can do the same in a stick, but with insurance the way it is, I'd rather not try that haha. It's funny that you should mention the Laser, my best friend Vince drives a Laser haha, I stayed over his house during the duration it took to get this car. His Laser has DEFINITELY seen better days though, it's in awful condition... so I don't think yours is as bad as you think it is.
LOVE IS DIE

THE BLANKEY JET CITY

DIE IS ALONE

SHENA RINGO FOREVER

Resident AK FlySui Guy
Perverted Hermit
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Perverted Hermit » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:34 pm

pj is giving me creeps. noone knows where she is, noone knows what she's doing, but all of a sudden she pops up to talk about her propably completely shot car. I am in awe.

one of the biggest differences with car's and mods over there compared to here is that we have to legit everything we do. If I remember correctly, in cali you can mod the shit out of your wheels, as long as it has a windshield, taillights, a steering wheel and an engine it counts as a vehicle. you try that here you can wait with a stopwatch in hand. sleeper cars are the way to go>_>

we need more pics of id washing his car. preferably in one of these netshirts. and hot pants.
エロ仙人-watch out!
Idsynchrono_24
Grand Master Otaku

Postby Idsynchrono_24 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Haha I missed that irreverent humor of yours my friend. Mesh shirt and hot pants, classic. I'm sure you are not aware of Carl's Jr., but it's a burger chain here in the US and one of their most famous commercials is of Paris Hilton eating a huge burger in a bikini while soaping up a car. When I took those pictures, we were all joking that we should go down to Carl's and grab a Six Dollar Burger to reenact that haha. I just spent six hours detailing my car today, I spent at least three of those hours in direct sunlight. Good god, I'm not sure if I will ever do that ever again.
LOVE IS DIE

THE BLANKEY JET CITY

DIE IS ALONE

SHENA RINGO FOREVER

Resident AK FlySui Guy
Rodneyish
Otaku 1st Class

Postby Rodneyish » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:36 pm

taking care of your girlfriend huh? i was talking about the 300zx.every guy treats their car like a lady. now to eat a six dollar burger while washing a car.
lmao ain't that a knee slapper. finally got the car you wanted. thats f-ing sweet. i can't believe that family sold that car for that price cuz the Price is Right. speaking of the Price is Right. did you guys know that Drew Carey is going to be hosting it now. anyway, no problem man. you deserve this car. take it sleezy. see you when you come back to the Westside. yaya yeee
I haven't been watching anime like im supposed to. No moolah T_T.

Return to “AK's Image Corner”